Innumerable new start-ups and businesses are being born every day. All of them are trying to create their identity as a brand. They want their brand to be the most successful one. But hardly a few succeed in doing so because creating a strong and sustainable brand identity is not everyone’s cup of tea. It is not like magic that can happen overnight. It needs a lot of devotion, skills, detailed understanding, and of course, hard work to create a successful brand.
How to define brand identity
The brand identity is the mean of your brand or, company to communicate with the external world. It is the parameter that separates you from the other competitors. It is the magnet that attracts people to get engaged with your company or, brand.
If you want your company to be famous and successful, designing a strong and crisp brand identity is the most essential. If you can express what your brand stands for and why it is different from others then it gets way simpler to get involved with larger masses.
Components of brand identity
Many start-ups fail due to a lack of knowledge about the components of brand identity. For them, designing a nice logo or, a colourful webpage is where the branding comes to an end. Following are the different components of brand identity that need to be designed & properly taken care of,
- Design systems
- Web design
- Video and motion
Key factors of brand identity
Creating the above components does not mean or, ensure an impactful brand creation. Following key factors decide the ultimate success,
- Manifest: Your brand must be distinct enough to be identified among your competitors and should attract the mass.
- Unforgettable: Your brand should carry at least one such unique visual component like the logo or, the colour that makes it memorable.
- Cohesive: The components must complement each other to make the brand identity successful.
- Implementation: The brand identity must be easy to apply for the designers.
Further steps to build your brand identity
- Extensively plan your complete brand strategy
- Meticulously evaluate your present brand identity
- Narrow down your personas
- Identify and locate your competitors
- Creative briefing
- Improve the visuals
Hope this article helps in developing your brand identity and provides you with the areas that need to be taken care of.